We want you to join us for World Polio Day on October 24. How?
Rotary will host a live-streamed global status update on the fight to end polio. Guests include Global Polio Eradication Initiative partners, celebrity ambassadors, polio survivors, and Rotary members. Watch the event live and join the conversation at: http://www.endpolio.org/worldpolioday
Today, the vast majority of the world is polio-free. Nearly 80 percent of all polio cases are concentrated in just one country: Pakistan. The two other remaining polio-endemic countries – Afghanistan and Nigeria – continue to show progress. Nigeria has decreased polio cases by 87 percent and Afghanistan has recorded only 10 cases of this devastating disease.
- Let everyone know that you want to end polio with this badge of support.
- Share a photo of yourself making the “this close” gesture or tell us why you want to end polio with the #WorldPolioDay hashtag to join our gallery. View the gallery.
- Post your support on Facebook and Twitter. Click here to share.
- Download these tools and graphics.
- Watch the live global update on October 24. Add to you calendar.
Wiping a disease from the face of the earth is not easy, and the final push is the most challenging. With your support and your voice, we can end polio now.
The End Polio Now Team